B-Roking my world

Hi Guyz..whoever is bored enuff to be interested in my Blog..i promise nothing exciting except anything that God has placed into my life, and i promise no powerful insight except that which God placed in my heart to say. But truly, this Blog gives thanks to God and serves to remind me everyday what God is going to do in my life, that i may remember his Greatness! [of course random musings not excluded..hhaha.ya..so until it becomes interesting, hope this is enuff for you..]

Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, USA/Michigan, United States

Hmm..I wonder how many ppl read this part..Anyway, i am a simple person. I try a lot, I fail a lot. I try to love a lot, i try to hate less. I try to be a nice person, but i also try to know when i'm not being nice. I try. And it's the most that anyone can say for themselves isn't it?

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Best Quiet time I ever Had

Dear all..

-Disclaimer-
Pls do not comment to this. If you feel the urge to comment to this entry, pls just email me cos i tink the comment log not enuff space for what you have to say anyway..haa.
This entry is also dedicated to Manz cos i did not get a chance to teach her to do quiet time properly [maybe she is doing it proper now le..hah..i'm trying to say i din get the chance to teach properly.haha..]
-end of disclaimer-

Wow..i've just had the best quiet time i've had for a long while..can't tell the difference from previous quiet times in the things i did, but this time the presence of God was really felt and i could feel Him listening in over my shoulders at what i send up to Him in prayer..even now i still feel a little tingle from coming out of His presence. Hope i can dwell in His presence wherever i go!

Anyway, today at 1100 was when i am supposed to do a prayer to God for Singapore's growth and well-being in all aspects. But since i hardly ever dwell on one topic for one hour, i added some songs in and prayed for my dear lil sis too..but this time i guess maybe it's the anticipation of doing what the church assigned us to do [got some novelty to it still] or that i actually prepared for it..more than my usual quiet time anyway..that made it come off different.

As usual i started with a simple praise song to get myself started..then i started to cycle through Brian Littrell's songs like 'Over My head', 'My answer is You' [all on my guitar mind you..anyone wants the chords to them can ask me..i chored 'over my head' and 'Wish' le] and by the time i reached 'In Christ Alone', my voice started to croak out and tears were starting to form and a tingling feeling came over me..qt difficult to carry on singing but i did so anyway..Man..didn't know that it was so difficult for musicians..But i jus felt like God was really there, all 3 of them, listening in on what i had to say..

So i just carried on the chord progression of the song i was on, and i started my prayer, sort of slow rapping the prayer according to the rhythm of the song as well..and it allowed my prayer to sustain for through 15 mins each request. Which isn't bad at all considering my track record of completing all my prayer requests in 15 mins..hah..but speed and length is not the answer..but the sincerity and the presence..

I'm not usually so patriotic, but i prayed and gave thanks for this island city that He has given us Singaporeans, a place where natural disasters do not strike, and haven where the sun shines throughout the year, where tsunamis are blocked off by other land masses..and that by His grace and mercy and provision are we able to send disaster relief teams out to places that aren't so blessed as we [in the sense of safety..they will be blessed in other ways] and for Singapore's leadership to come truly into power, with the Holy Spirit coming upon them to guide them and give them wisdom that was granted Soloman when he reigned, but with the heart with which David ruled.

And i prayed for my lil sis..even though by now she woulda reached Illinois, i prayed for her journey mercy, that she reach safely and that administrations are smooth and speedy. That people she meet will be friendly and kind to her and welcome her in the land that is strange to her. That she would go on in faith in the land that God has sent her, and find her destiny and strength there so that she may one day fulfill God's calling for her. That she continue to stay grounded in the word and in God and someone would take over as her spiritual guide.

Yepp..So lil sis, if you're reading, that's wad Korr do in his quiet time. In simplistic notes:
1. Praise 2. worship 3.continue to play some tune 4. send prayer requests
And some people include bible reading and study in quiet times. I personally don't do that, cos i do my bible reading traveling and i cover qt a lot like that. [even tho i admit it woulda be much faster if i did it in quiet time too..haha..maybe one day i will]
But most importantly is the fifth step
5. Linger in God's presence
Provided of course He is there..but it also never hurts to keep waiting until He does..keep praising and worshipping until He does and you feel Him. Always remember, the degree by which you feel Him is determined by your faith level..If you take your quiet time as a practice session, you will not feel anything. but if you truly believe He will be there, He will be there. And even if 2 people are in the same room, if 1 believes that He will be there, and 1 just be there for the sake of praying, only 1 will truly feel the presence and the other will just complain that God wasn't there..but GOD IS THERE! ALWAYS! He's omnipresent and i'm only talking about the degree YOU feel His presence, i'm not doubting that His presence is always there..Faith Level counts..

Remember the parable of the talents? the conclusion i taught you was that to him who has more, he will be given more. But to him who has little, even what little will be taken away from him [disclaimer note...i'm typing this w/o my bible so dun quote me..go read yourself..paraphrased] Jesus is talking about Faith too! To him who has a lot of faith, he will be able to sense God's presence, God becomes so much more real to him and thus his faith will grow. But to him who has little faith, who dun believe God will be there, he will not be able to feel God's presence and what little faith he had will be taken away..So take faith, believe and grow! Will take a while, to develop that [even i am not that good at it] but this is the short cut to growing in God! Chew on it a while, let this message sink in..and try it out..tell me if it works..anything just email me lo..haha.

Amen!

-Endz- Faith comes by hearing and hearing of God's words!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home