B-Roking my world

Hi Guyz..whoever is bored enuff to be interested in my Blog..i promise nothing exciting except anything that God has placed into my life, and i promise no powerful insight except that which God placed in my heart to say. But truly, this Blog gives thanks to God and serves to remind me everyday what God is going to do in my life, that i may remember his Greatness! [of course random musings not excluded..hhaha.ya..so until it becomes interesting, hope this is enuff for you..]

Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, USA/Michigan, United States

Hmm..I wonder how many ppl read this part..Anyway, i am a simple person. I try a lot, I fail a lot. I try to love a lot, i try to hate less. I try to be a nice person, but i also try to know when i'm not being nice. I try. And it's the most that anyone can say for themselves isn't it?

Sunday, March 04, 2007

DEETROIT

Hey guys,

Might get a little confusing cos i may talk about this trip on both blogs. But anyway, the trip was fantastic. Mike Dempsey, who was our coordinator/link to Detroit and several of the organisations we were visiting, was absolutely magical in pulling rabbits out of the hat and giving us a fantastic stay.

For starters, he was able to get us 2 apartments [unfurnished] in a condominium that had a fantastic view of the river and Canada, and we just had to pay the cleaning fee after we left. And he gave us a fantastic tour of Detroit that opened our eyes to see the problems that the city was facing, as well as the efforts that are being made to better the cities, making Detroit suddenly more unique than just another city in USA.

And he was our 'ONSTAR' support for the trip, especially when we were lost and needed directions, just give Mike a call and he can direct us to where we wanted to go. This guy knows Detroit like the back of his hands!

I'm going to do a mini series kinda to review what this week meant to me, going day by day, but each day i'll do an entry so you guys wun get overwhelmed by the word diahorrea..ha..yepps. So this starts it off by setting the background to introduce Detroit to you people out there with big hearts who might just feel pain for what the city is going through.

Cheers guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home