B-Roking my world

Hi Guyz..whoever is bored enuff to be interested in my Blog..i promise nothing exciting except anything that God has placed into my life, and i promise no powerful insight except that which God placed in my heart to say. But truly, this Blog gives thanks to God and serves to remind me everyday what God is going to do in my life, that i may remember his Greatness! [of course random musings not excluded..hhaha.ya..so until it becomes interesting, hope this is enuff for you..]

Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, USA/Michigan, United States

Hmm..I wonder how many ppl read this part..Anyway, i am a simple person. I try a lot, I fail a lot. I try to love a lot, i try to hate less. I try to be a nice person, but i also try to know when i'm not being nice. I try. And it's the most that anyone can say for themselves isn't it?

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Dreaming with a Broken Heart

Hey guys..

I am not implying what this title means..haha..i'm doing fine here, just that this happens to be the new blog-song i have on, so there..

Anyway, that being said, i just came back from watching a play, the Phantom of the Opera. [Haha..beat you to it!] And for most part, it reminded me of what i had missed, and what i had imagined.

I was a small kid when i first went to watch it, had no idea what the theme or idea behind the whole theatre, but it was a cultural exposure and i am glad for it, cos it had left behind a deep impression, and i've always wanted to watch it again.

But there wasn't the chance to, so i turned and sought to fulfill the unmet desire with the soundtrack that thankfully my parent bought. That, and my imagination, i enacted the play between the Phantom, Christine, and Raoul in my head.

Until even that died out and it was forgotten for a while.

So here i am, just fresh from watching the play 'for real' this time, and i have to say, i was captivated every moment of the play, even laughing out when i caught the parts where the new actors made fun of the language that was made before, but there is some lost value to it somehow. The play seemed more of a remembrance sake, a tribute to the great musical that was, and no where is it near right now.

Or it could all be that i had built too high an expectation in my mind as i played and replayed the cd in my head, imagining a perfect play.

Heh..actually, looking back on things, i guess i really have a lot to be thankful for. I've had 2 great weekends, a ski trip, and a musical. And i really dun deserve to be thinking that my life has been unfulfilling and boring [it is, by the way. Don't we ALL think that way?]

Reminds me of a philosophical question i heard in the most funny drama [Ally Mcbeal] where Georgia asks Ally 'What makes your problems all so big and important?'

'They're mine.'

I must apologise for me having complained so much these days without knowing how blessed i have been. Ha..even though that just means that i am human too, but since i know better now, i have to do better too.

And i get to prepare worship for our cell group this week! which thankfully has changed to friday nights so i can go for it, AS WELL AS small group with Kevin Armstrong! hah..just great. [means 2 nights where i cannot get any work done..but who am i kidding? i wun get any work done even without these anyway..haha]

Yepp, so i'm beginning to enjoy the christian fellowship with the singaporeans here, and even the praise and worship in church nowadays. And some of my questions seems to be answered too, so i'll have to come up with more questions! ahha..yepps, God is GOOD!

Oh, and a miracle kinda happened too. Or Karma. Or just that God knows what i want and what i need and he gives them to me without me asking for it. [Ain't He just generous?] Well, to cut the story short, i kinda lost my Mp3 player last friday before the ski trip..and i had no idea where i had lost it. SO i checked out the lost and found for a couple of days, it wasn't there, so i gave it up as lost. Then God smiled on me, made me go for toilet during math class [which was a miracle as to why i even went..haha..but me going toilet for class is rare enough] and lo and behold, beside the toilet [where i would not have went to otherwise] was the sign that went:

"If you have lost a Creative Muvo Slim 1GB Mp3 player, i found it"

to which a certain smart ass idiot added 'which means if no one lost it you did not find anything?'

But the whole point was that it was the last place i would have expected anyone to find it, or be honest and put up a sign for it. It's really a miracle, cos the person could have just took it for her own if she wanted to. Totally fantastic.

And it WAS my very own one! hah..totally cool..i half expected it to be not mine..ha..

And to be honest, i did that favour for someone else too..found something and gave it back..God is good AND fair! hah..so there

Stay Blessed!

brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home