B-Roking my world

Hi Guyz..whoever is bored enuff to be interested in my Blog..i promise nothing exciting except anything that God has placed into my life, and i promise no powerful insight except that which God placed in my heart to say. But truly, this Blog gives thanks to God and serves to remind me everyday what God is going to do in my life, that i may remember his Greatness! [of course random musings not excluded..hhaha.ya..so until it becomes interesting, hope this is enuff for you..]

Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, USA/Michigan, United States

Hmm..I wonder how many ppl read this part..Anyway, i am a simple person. I try a lot, I fail a lot. I try to love a lot, i try to hate less. I try to be a nice person, but i also try to know when i'm not being nice. I try. And it's the most that anyone can say for themselves isn't it?

Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Journey

Here i go..before i start, i warn you, what i say may shake your religious mind, if you start out with one. It IS going to be controversial, but i'm just having my say in this blog, and i do not ask that you believe in what i say.

First off, i must admit that i do not feel very very spiritual nowadays. Not really praying much and all, haven't been reading the bible for a while, but i'm gonna rectify that over the break [i hope..starting with good intentions here]

But i am very very confused. Very confused, and for a while i had thought that i was alone in this quest filled with questions.

Just what are we looking for in our religion?

Like i had wondered before, we all seek a kind of confirmation, a kind of God that we can relate to. When we were an agrarian society we worshiped a God who could manipulate the weather and give us a good harvest. When we were oppressed by a dominating empire, we worshiped a God who could deliver us from it, who would send a messiah of war to help bring us through it. And when we are now in a modern society, we worship a God who would give us the sense of security which we do not get from the world.

We all want to know that somewhere out there, someone cares who you are, and what you did, the sacrifices you make in life, even if no one else noticed or cared.

But that being said, as a christian, i am not very proud of the fact that people of the same faith could stand so divided over our faith. We're all christians, but we believe in different doctrines, and practices, different texts, different teachings when we all pursue the one teacher who is Jesus. Not to mention, in terms of worshiping the same God, Christians, Jews and Muslims are all in one accord. Then why is there such a divide? And how do we differentiate between what is God inspired and what is man inspired?

A text can be read in a million different ways, and that is just how our human mind works. No matter how a person claims to be objective, there is always a shade of bias and human failure that is prevalent. In fact, the presence of such 'flaws' make it even more authentic, rather than a perfect, make-believe story. Only that you can believe that no one council sat down and discussed how to create a hoax to play bluff for generations and generations.

No religion/belief that is built on lies can survive the test of time.

So in essence, what do we seek? In our faith? In our religion? In our seeking?

Oh, i seek. You cannot believe how much time i spent arguing with myself about what i believe in, what is right, what could be right and what may be wrong. And sad enough, i have come to the conclusion that i do not think any ONE way of thinking can fit mine. Ha..but i am not about to start a new faith myself..[madness] but i will continue to seek, thirst, and hopefully this need will bring me to where i need to be, where i can piece everything together and see the whole picture.

Even if i can only see the whole picture when i leave this world, it would be worth it, cos i can say that i spent part of my life seeking who God really is and how He works in our world.

but a few conclusions i came up with that i want to share, that may sound controversial to my fellow christians. Salvations do not come by faith alone! Or so i should say, faith comes with works. While salvation does not come by works alone, the same is about faith. Both need to come hand in hand.

And i had a great breakfast with my small group leader Kevin Armstrong, he mentions that through true faith, works will follow. And i agree. In the final judgement it is written

"When the son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne on his glory. All the nations will be gathered in his presence and he will separate the people as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will place the sheep at his right hand and the goats at his left.

Then the King will say to those on his right, 'come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For i was hungry and you fed me. I was thirsty and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger and you invited me to your home. I was naked and you gave me clothing. I was sick and you cared for me. I was in prison and you visited me. '

'I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my borthers and sisters, you were doing it to me!'
"
So think on it. Faith was not mentioned here. Faith in Jesus gives you the right to the forgiveness that He offers. If you do not believe in that, you have no business in asking for forgiveness through Jesus. And yet, before Him, there is not mention of Faith, only of your works. Think on that. Faith alone will save no one, it allows you to be saved, but it will not save you.

Believe in Jesus, pray for forgiveness constantly when you sin and repent. Then when your faith is established, your works will come naturally. Being kind of heart, being like our heavenly Father and putting a smile on His face when you go about your business. That's what will bring us through.

Now, even if you are not a believer, i believe in hope, and i believe in the goodness of my father's heart. Even if you are not a believer, i would like you to just believe in Jesus, even if it's only for a short moment. Say this prayer with me, and even though after you say it you stop believing, it's fine. Just keep away from sin and do good deeds. This is a prayer for forgiveness.

The Lords Prayer[with minor editions i feel is appropriate. If you are uncomfortable, pls look up the original one in Matt 6:9]

Dear heavenly Father,
blessed be your name.
Your will be done, your kingdom come
In our lives as it is in heaven.
Give us today what we need,
and forgive our sins
and help us forgive others who trangress against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.
For yours is the kingdom
and the power and the glory forever
Amen

And like Jesus says to the adulterous women in John 8,
"Neither do i [condemn you]. Go and sin no more."

Asking for forgiveness does not save you if you persist. But do your best to stay away from sin, and do good deeds. And maybe there is a chance for us all when we face judgement one day.

Be Blessed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home