B-Roking my world

Hi Guyz..whoever is bored enuff to be interested in my Blog..i promise nothing exciting except anything that God has placed into my life, and i promise no powerful insight except that which God placed in my heart to say. But truly, this Blog gives thanks to God and serves to remind me everyday what God is going to do in my life, that i may remember his Greatness! [of course random musings not excluded..hhaha.ya..so until it becomes interesting, hope this is enuff for you..]

Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, USA/Michigan, United States

Hmm..I wonder how many ppl read this part..Anyway, i am a simple person. I try a lot, I fail a lot. I try to love a lot, i try to hate less. I try to be a nice person, but i also try to know when i'm not being nice. I try. And it's the most that anyone can say for themselves isn't it?

Saturday, December 16, 2006

The Heart Of Life

No guys, i would not be talking about the song..rather, the theme of the song is a nice idea tho..

Remember when i mentioned that life is all about love?

Wells, in life, there are times when we are loved, times when we feel lonely, and it's in these times when we find that life is routine, bleak, grey, and everything that is not bright and shiny. And we would wish that we would quickly find that silver lining in this bulk of a grey cloud that we wade through in life.

It's in these times when we need to know that the heart of life is good.

Think on it. Although there are many things that you wished that God could change this world for you, admit it! there are at least a dozen other things that you would not want changed for everything that you want changed!

You wished that someone would give you more attention, but at the same time you will not want that same person to become a jerk, a freeloader and wad nots? You wished that the next exam you have, you will have a fantastic grade, but at the same time you do not want to be seen as only exam smart..

Not exactly the best of analogies but you get the idea.

So live your life, look on the brighter side. I know sometimes there just isn't a bright side. I said brighter side. There's always a brighter side waiting for you to discover. Even when you're caught in the rain with no umbrella, you'll discover the fun of having the rain wash down over your head. Even when you came in last in a marathon, hey, you finished the marathon! Even when you feel lonely in your room, you've got my blog to read. [haha] so what are you complaining about?

As much as you'd like to say that life has been tough for you, just put a smile on your face and admit it; the heart of life is still good. No matter what you go through.

And just recently i got back my Engine 101 finals result. 106/125. Darn..i thought i had a perfect paper. Worst still, i did not get back the paper to see what was the problem! I seriously think that the grader did not understand what i wrote, which i should get full credit for having an ingenious answer [indulge me a bit]. But hey, i still got my A for the class..I should be thankful for that..Ha..so what if i did not get the full marks?

And i still remember something that happened a long while ago..It was a division marathon i ran for while i was still in 30SCE. it was a 5km marathon[not much] but i remember running and running, and when i was in the last stretch, i even made a small prayer to God, saying how much i wanted to be able to do a dash for the finishing line.

In the end, i had to slow down and clutch my sides. It was too much. And i was freakin pissed off. I came in 29th, and i walked like an idiot at the finishing line. Oh great. I prayed about it, i wanted it so much, and i walked. Fantastic. And i was sore about it for half a day.

Then it hit me. I was the 29th runner; there were about 500 other fit young men running the race and i was 29th. And i freakin walked to the finish line! ha..how many people can make THAT claim? ha..man, if i did not know better, i would realise that it was a miracle for me to be able to do that!

And it wasted half a day of being sorry for myself. I was wondering if i had a bunch of friends i could talk to about this, they would have told me that it was a great result already!

Hah..kinda unorthodoxed, but the bottom line of this entry is the line in this song
"and circle of your friends will defend that silver lining"

We cannot deny it. We are social beings. and though there are times i want to say that i do not need anyone, there are times i feel lonely, and even though i chose not to join others, there are times i wished someone would just knock on my door even if it's just a short chat. And when someone does that, i just feel good all over, even if its just returning my guitar. It feels good.

So here's to all my friends, who have knocked on my door some times in my life. If i dun answer, KNOCK HARDER! haha..kiddingz. Yepp. you guys rock my world, and rock it harder if i dun respond! haha..cranky me.. yepp..Thank you all for making my life my world. Let's all defend that silver lining!

*cheers!*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home