B-Roking my world

Hi Guyz..whoever is bored enuff to be interested in my Blog..i promise nothing exciting except anything that God has placed into my life, and i promise no powerful insight except that which God placed in my heart to say. But truly, this Blog gives thanks to God and serves to remind me everyday what God is going to do in my life, that i may remember his Greatness! [of course random musings not excluded..hhaha.ya..so until it becomes interesting, hope this is enuff for you..]

Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, USA/Michigan, United States

Hmm..I wonder how many ppl read this part..Anyway, i am a simple person. I try a lot, I fail a lot. I try to love a lot, i try to hate less. I try to be a nice person, but i also try to know when i'm not being nice. I try. And it's the most that anyone can say for themselves isn't it?

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Life is still good

Hey guys

I've been doing some thinking lately, you know..the topic i always hang on to, the meaning of life, the meaning of life AS a christian and what it means to me, how i want to live my life as compared to what it is right now..

But i have no idea what i am talking about.

Who am i to say what life is about, or even just what MY life is about? i can come up with a definition now and later in my life it will change. In fact, i came to michigan thinking one way about my life, and now i can tell you that it has completely changed. Have i become stronger? i have no idea, but i know i am now older and wiser for it. And while i appreciate the vigor and conviction i had before, i now know better to keep my two feets on the ground and to keep my head from flying off to wonderland.

I have this friend, who is graduating soon. She has no idea where her life is going, but she has a couple of options that may be open to her, depending on a couple of things [if it happens] but the whole point of it that struck me was that she was going to emancipate from her parents, and not even live in the same place. And neither did she want to; she loves her parents, but she also wants to be independent even if it meant that she lives a difficult life.

Well, that IS life. Not that it's good, or bad, but it IS her life and her decision as to how she lives it.

And so we talked a while, and came to the conclusion that eventually whatever plans you can come up with, when events change you'll have to change it. Rather, if you face life knowing the options you have, but do not commit to any direction just yet, you'll find that it becomes more flexible. As the saying goes, the roads get straighter as you go down it, and you'll definitely meet problems, but for sure, when you do you most probably will have the solution at hands too.

Just the kinda wierd world we live in when God decides when or how you get the solutions in your life.

And who knows? i may have to serve my bond after college, but after that? i may just go to africa and work there to better people's lives, or go somewhere else to pursue my doctorate, or become a tutor/engineer, or a politician [highly unlikely]. All i know, is that when i DO get there to make the decision, God will be too.

Stay Blessed,
Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home