B-Roking my world

Hi Guyz..whoever is bored enuff to be interested in my Blog..i promise nothing exciting except anything that God has placed into my life, and i promise no powerful insight except that which God placed in my heart to say. But truly, this Blog gives thanks to God and serves to remind me everyday what God is going to do in my life, that i may remember his Greatness! [of course random musings not excluded..hhaha.ya..so until it becomes interesting, hope this is enuff for you..]

Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, USA/Michigan, United States

Hmm..I wonder how many ppl read this part..Anyway, i am a simple person. I try a lot, I fail a lot. I try to love a lot, i try to hate less. I try to be a nice person, but i also try to know when i'm not being nice. I try. And it's the most that anyone can say for themselves isn't it?

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Being the servant

Dear all,

This is kinda a followup to someth i blogged about before..

Anyway, we had a great small group discussing about Jesus's act of washing the disciple's feet. Which is a fantastic thing that would just blow your mind if you tink about it.

Just think about it..Symbolically, washing of the feet is like washing you off of your sins that you have incurred on a day to day basis [because we are still human and prone to sins] so we still need the forgiving grace of God and Jesus to mediate on our behalf and wash us clean again. We do not need to be washed all over again [as Peter wanted] simply because that had been done for already by Jesus dying on the cross. But we will still need to continually allow Christ to cleanse us off our subsequent 'smaller' sins, just as the disciples' feet may still get dirty from walking outside despite their baths.

But on the other hand, although we need Christ to wash our feet for us[or we will have no part in Him] the act in itself is mind boggling because here you see the Master humbling himself, stripping himself down to servant-cloth [as in the gospel story] and kneeling before a seated disciple to wash his feet. What makes it possible for Christ to do that for us, Christ, who is the messiah of peace and of the Kingdom of God, the son of God to bend before you to wash you off your filth?

Spirit of servitude.

To Jesus, He knew what needed to be done, and that need outweighed whatever that his flesh may complain about, his dignity or pride. Be not fooled, because Jesus still had his bearing and grace and everything about him as he did so; he was not acting like a servant - he merely did what the servant needed to do. So to Jesus, his motivation was to do what needed to be done. Not for the gratitude of the disciples, not to a self-serving mindset of having people depend on him, but He saw what had to be done [in God's eyes/plan] and He did it.

So i guess that sheds a new light on my philosophy of helping people. I guess now it's more of seeing what needed to be done, and doing it, and thinking less of how my pride or dignity or need while doing so.

Hope you guys learnt as much as i have from this little small group meeting as I did. = P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home