B-Roking my world

Hi Guyz..whoever is bored enuff to be interested in my Blog..i promise nothing exciting except anything that God has placed into my life, and i promise no powerful insight except that which God placed in my heart to say. But truly, this Blog gives thanks to God and serves to remind me everyday what God is going to do in my life, that i may remember his Greatness! [of course random musings not excluded..hhaha.ya..so until it becomes interesting, hope this is enuff for you..]

Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, USA/Michigan, United States

Hmm..I wonder how many ppl read this part..Anyway, i am a simple person. I try a lot, I fail a lot. I try to love a lot, i try to hate less. I try to be a nice person, but i also try to know when i'm not being nice. I try. And it's the most that anyone can say for themselves isn't it?

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Trampling Temptation

Once again, from http://www.rbc.org/odb/odb.shtml

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mathew 4:1-11
Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted there by the devil. For forty days and forty nights he fasted and became very hungry.
During that time the devil came and saif to him, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become loaves of bread."
But Jesus told him, "No! The scriptures say ' People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God'. "
Then the devil took him to the holy city, Jerusalem, to the highest point of the temple, and said, "If you are the Son of God, jump off! For the scriptures say, 'He will order his angels to protect you. And they will hold you up with their hands, so you won't even hurt your foot on a stone.' "
Jesus responded, " The Scriptures also say, ' you must not test the Lord your God.' "
Next, the devil took him to the peak of a very high mountain and showed ihm the kingdoms of the world and all their glory. "I will give it all to you," he said, "if yo uwill kneel down and worship me."
"Get out from here, Satan," Jesus told him. "For the Scriptures say, 'you must worship the Lord your God, and serve only him.' "
Then the devil went away, and angels came and took care of Jesus.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, obviously [to me at least] today is one of the least spiritual days i've had since the period of Lent started. I've made decision to make some sacrifices and stuffs that i wanted to give up for Jesus, but today was the second day it broke. Not even 2 weeks into the 40 days and i broke.
And somehow today the temptation came so heavily. What actually surprised me was that todays daily bread came just when it came early in the morning, and i thought that it would keep me in line at least for today. But apparrently later in the day it snapped and i forgot what i learnt in the morning.
Makes me kinda think that maybe i am not meant to be that holy after all. Or perhaps it takes progression; hopefully i am making progress though. But there's no way to know how much i can take, since i can be so holy and so brazenly sinful at different times.
But what is amazing is that just when i thought that today would be given to 'evil' and 'sin' and wrong doing on my part, near the end of the day i met 2 good angels who were on their way to their small group meeting. Karen and Michelle [hope i got the names right], you guys pulled me back and made me feel better loads. Thanks for just being there.
And that is my reflection; angels are there fighting the fight even as we struggle with our inner demons. And sometimes we have to just look outwards for strength in beautiful people around us all the while, perhaps fighting the same fight. Gives you strength, gives you companionship, gives you faith.

Stay strong people, and pray that i do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home