B-Roking my world

Hi Guyz..whoever is bored enuff to be interested in my Blog..i promise nothing exciting except anything that God has placed into my life, and i promise no powerful insight except that which God placed in my heart to say. But truly, this Blog gives thanks to God and serves to remind me everyday what God is going to do in my life, that i may remember his Greatness! [of course random musings not excluded..hhaha.ya..so until it becomes interesting, hope this is enuff for you..]

Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, USA/Michigan, United States

Hmm..I wonder how many ppl read this part..Anyway, i am a simple person. I try a lot, I fail a lot. I try to love a lot, i try to hate less. I try to be a nice person, but i also try to know when i'm not being nice. I try. And it's the most that anyone can say for themselves isn't it?

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Aftermath..of 3 straight lectures..

Dear all,

Firstly i would like to apologise for not updating this blog for so long..seems to me that i have gained web-hits for not doing any work, so i'd better be updating something or else i will lose subscribers! haha..no..kidding..

Originally i intended to update only after i got my laptop so that i could upload pictures too, but apparently my laptop decides to come in only on the sept 11th, so i'd better do something now..

ANYWAY, i'm still not under stress yet..ha..perhaps being away too long from studying actually did me some good in making me feel like i'm just absorbing information, and not really under stress to excel in studies..of course, i still have to maintain a 3.8 GPA which means i absolutely cannot get a B in any courses..ha..and i dun intend to do so this semester..ohwells..stress will come later..

But luckily enough i seem to have sufficient prior knowledge in most of my classes to be able to slide myself back into schooling again..so no worries there..and i have no idea why i am typing in perfect spoken english here..aargh...RAAWWWRSS<<>><<>>

Yess..this feels so much better..haha..anyway, people [singaporeans] are trying very hard with the accent here..think it's pretty funny that we really try to fit in so much and then we have americans so interested to know how to speak singlish..haha..yup, but i still speak singlish over here with my pals so no worries..i can switch easily..tink i developed a accent that both americans can understand but singaporeans would not be unfamiliar to..haha..lol

ANYWAY..i've just checked my assignments [homework] and i am truly shocked..to you guys back home who are trying to finish the new testament by the end of the year, i tell you that I have to finish the 4 gospels by next tuesday, along with some readings that i have to do on some other text that portrays Jesus..Ha..thank God i've already finished one round of the Bible, but imagine if i hadn't..and pretty soon i'll have to go on to the apocrypha which includes the book of Tobi and everything..then got other texts..and THIS IS ONLY RELIGION 280! aarrgh! haha..

But i guess i'm knowledge hungry so i should be fine..but the killer is in mechanical engineering lecture! the professor speaks with a funny pattern! it's not the accent but his mannerism and speech pattern! cannot understand what he is talking about! and the math! aargh..lucky i already know what he is talking about so i can figure out..but wait til he moves to something i haven't already learnt..ha..

And also, i'm having cell group meeting later on in my hall..ha..the leader is one year younger i tink..hah..but we'll see how it goes..i've found a comfortable 'assembly of God' church which is actually a campus outreach called H20 which i mentioned before..Prior to that, on sundays i think i will ALSO attend another methodist church[esp if my friends are going too] cos it's rather interesting and i kinda like the stuff they talk about - the preaching..ha..the last time i went the pastor was talking about the song of solomons..something we hardly mention back in City Harvest Church. It seems to be a rather sensual/romantic book in the bible and i had a lot of questions when i read through it..but according to the pastor, that book describes what God had in mind when He created mankind and a heart that seeks after companionship..it describes healthy love relationships that we could all learn from..

You guys all know me..always interested to know more about the bible and God's will and word..ha..never mind i have a heavy day on sunday of another round of lectures [haha..christianity 101] hee..but to E240, there is a very strong christian culture in ann arbor michigan as well as in the Singaporean community here..so really, God is with me here too, dun worry about me..just dun hang up my calls when i get back to singapore yah? i probably got a few friends i wanna bring to 'check out' out church too..hee..dun worry..city harvest church has a good representative in me..i'll be building our reputation amongst my friends here..i tink got several of them already commented that we are very forthcoming with our mission work and ministry..so great job, keep it up, and please do Sister Jaz a favour and try to organize some mission trips together [as in go together] yup..will definitely do you good too! ha..

Well, so far i'm still hanging out with a bunch of girls..haah..sounds so wrong..but i'm taking care of them so that they get back to their dorms safely [their all in the same estate area] and in return they take care of me and provide me breakfast in their dorm, and lend me their laptops when i need it..AND make sure i dun become a social hermit..haha..yup..even got dragged to a dance class with them..so ha..i'm really well taken care of..ha..symboitic relationship..it's a bunch of 4 girls and myself..[Jean, Lora, Xiao Yan and WenXin] all of them christian except WenXin but we talk about church stuff anyway..haha..and i'm initiating these kinda conversations cos i need inspirations to answer some people who asked me questions! haha..so i'm really in good company..dun ask me to switch to a more guyish community cos i probably operate better when i'm surrounded by girls in this sense..ha..and i wun be picking up drinking habits from them too right? haha..

Yup..guess that's pretty much for now..hope you guys are doing fine back there, and God bless you all!

-Endz- tired day..readings to do, assignments to rush..but still loving it! ha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home