B-Roking my world

Hi Guyz..whoever is bored enuff to be interested in my Blog..i promise nothing exciting except anything that God has placed into my life, and i promise no powerful insight except that which God placed in my heart to say. But truly, this Blog gives thanks to God and serves to remind me everyday what God is going to do in my life, that i may remember his Greatness! [of course random musings not excluded..hhaha.ya..so until it becomes interesting, hope this is enuff for you..]

Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, USA/Michigan, United States

Hmm..I wonder how many ppl read this part..Anyway, i am a simple person. I try a lot, I fail a lot. I try to love a lot, i try to hate less. I try to be a nice person, but i also try to know when i'm not being nice. I try. And it's the most that anyone can say for themselves isn't it?

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Hypocrites. Ain't we all?

Well..this is a touchy topic ain't it?

First off, I'll declare that i do not mean anybody when i'm talking about hypocrites. Not anyone i know, not people i come into contact with, not even the Pharisees in the bible. I mean myself, and from there, i point the question to everybody.

I've been doing a series of teachings on the sermon on the mount [banking on the resources of City Harvest Church], and so far it has been everything that Pastor Kong has promised; it's a spiritual X-ray machine, and the first one to go through it is myself. And it's a painful process.

For someone who professes to be a Christian, who believes in certain values, i'm pretty spineless to keep them. I don't even do enough to keep myself sanctified/holy by any standards, much less God's standards. And yet we are all called to do that, and specifically, i am telling others to keep by the standards that i am preaching to them, and yet i am the one most in need of the message.

Yet, i know this message is important and they[my cell group mates] need to hear it, irregardless of whether i am righteous to say the words, irregardless whether i am a hypocrite for saying these words.

However, we are all fallible humans, frail to begin with, with wills that shatter like porcelein. Yet we try to maintain Godly values that allow us to pick ourselves up and bring the shattered pieces to God. And yet like children, as soon as we are mended, we run away and hit something hard again and come back to God for help again.

How long must i dwell in such meaningless level of maturity? How long more must i bear with my sinful nature, to repent and recurr endlessly? If only there was a way to keep clear of my particular sin, and truly turn to God with Godly sorrow and repentance, shall i truly be able to fight to keep my salvation.

And so i pray for myself.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Define these holy values that you hold yourself to. Then set a personal value system that you think is reachable and somewhat toward this holy values that you are preaching. Then see how far you can go with that.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home